Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10 Tracks (Random Thoughts)

  • My hands are burnt and cracked and  I can't make it through a day in the kitchen without adding a new scar to them.  I'm proud of my little reminders.  After the first day of working as a cook I wanted to tell my boss to schedule me only on the front counter.  I'm glad I didn't.  The kitchen is still kicking my ass but each day I'm getting closer to making it my bitch.
  • Once again Wilco hasn't failed me.  'The Whole Love' is another soundtrack to a phase in my life. 'Art of Almost' is my new writing song.  I guess I would say it's progressive for Wilco but the fuzz guitar, snare drum and bassline at 4:40 is classic rock and roll.  'Born Alone' reminds me of a song I might sing in a Baptist church while on acid.
  • The beauty of traveling is that every backpacker you meet has a portable hard drive full of movies and music.  After trading off, I now have over 100 movies and TV shows but I'm stuck watching Arrested Development.  It never get's old.  Hopefully the recent news is true and there will be another season and movie coming out soon.
  • When I get a hold of someone's hard drive I always copy bands that I never heard of.  I have a shit ton of new music and some of the best are Australian.  If you get a chance, check out The Jezabels, The Grates, Angus & Julia Stone, Paul Kelly and Gotye.
  • My grandparents are getting old and it makes me sad.  They are big part of who I am today.
  • What's better than Pearl Jam?  PJ covering Pink Floyd.  Two of my top 10 bands.  Check out the emotion in this video.
  •  I'm glad Amanda Knox is know free.  Injustice and the lack of freedom are probably the two things I hate the most in the word; that and racism.
  • I really want a joint right now.
  • Have you heard Kid Cudi's 'Man on the Moon'?  I'm not a huge fan of Hip Hop but fuck this album is good.
  • I just placed a bid on a badass record player on Ebay.  Damn I love a weak US dollar and a ridiculously strong Aussie dollar.  Kinda makes up for the $20 pack of smokes.
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment